I thought I'd finished it.
This page needs to be expanded in order to include more relevant information.
Spin Attack is a move introduced in Sly 2: Band of Thieves, but was featured more prominently in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves and returned in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. The power up allows you to spin around and hit enemies around you with your cane.
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
The move was never mentioned in game, though if you held , Sly would charge his cane after the initial swipe, and spin when it was released.
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
The spin attack was an ability that could be upgraded to level 3 in Sly 3.
- Spin Attack (Level 1) - For the first Spin Attack, the button sequence is . Sly does one rotation. This move is already purchased for the player.
- Spin Attack (Level 2) - A stronger Spin Attack, the button sequence is . Sly does two rotations.
- Spin Attack (Level 3) - The final and strongest Spin Attack, the button sequence is . Sly does multiple rotations.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sly and his ancestors perform the move, under the name Cane Spin, by holding and releasing it when the crook of the cane starts vibrating energy. However, each ancestor also has a different, unique attack they can perform by continuing to hold until the energy on the cane intensifies. After purchasing the Mega Charge Attack power-up for Sly via ThiefNet, Sly follows this same rule.
Murray can also perform the Spin Attack, under the name Fist Spin, by holding until his fists start vibrating energy. Once released, he extends his fist-clenched arms out to the side and twirls in a circle. As with Sly and his ancestors, Murray can perform a completely different attack if is held until the energy intensifies, provided that the Mega Charge Attack power-up for Murray is purchased via ThiefNet.
- In Sly 2, Sly finishes Dimitri off with the Spin Attack after the boss battle.
- In Sly 2, charging the Spin Attack will draw the attention of nearby guards.