|This place was started by Slytunkhamen the second. He built his fortune in the employ of the great pharaohs. That must have been around... 1300 BC!|
— Sly reflecting on the start of the Cooper Vault[src]
Slytunkhamen Cooper II was a thief operating in Egypt approximately 1300 BC, and a direct ancestor of Sly Cooper. He found Kaine Island and created the Cooper Vault. He is the son of the creator of the Thievius Raccoonus, Slytunkhamen Cooper, and had a son, Slytunkhamen Cooper III.
Sly's ancestor from ancient Egypt and creator of the Cooper Vault, Slytunkhamen had two small canes that bore a striking resemblance to the Egyptian Khopesh (a sickle sword), and probably used his father's ability to turn invisible to steal from corrupt pharaohs and greedy noblemen. He was also skilled at putting up traps that were utilized in ancient Egyptian tombs.
At some point, he had a child named after himself and his father: Slytunkhamen III.
- His name is a reference to the boy pharaoh Tutankhamun (sometimes spelled "Tutankhamen"). If Slytunkhamen were a direct change, it would be spelled either "Slytankhamun" or "Slytankhamen."
- His portrait in the Cooper Vault portrays him wearing a different headdress to his father.
- The headdress worn in the first game was very common in Ancient Egypt as artificial hair (ancient Egyptians shaved their heads due to lice).
- The headdress worn by Slytunkhamen II in the Cooper Vault was the headdress of the Pharaoh which he is known for stealing from.
- It is possible that he was the perfecter of the hook swing, as his vault section consists of hook swinging challenges.
- In an interview, Mat Kraemer of Sanzaru Games said that he would have loved to have Slytunkhamen in the game, but they had to scrap the plans because another episode would not have fit onto the Vita version of the game.
- There is a sarcophagus in the Cooper Vault that may or may not contain his body.
|Objects, locations and terms|