The Sly 2: Band of Thieves Official Strategy Guide was written by Mark Androvich and published by BradyGames on September 23, 2004. It contains strategies, tutorials and walkthroughs that the reader may find useful while playing Sly 2: Band of Thieves, as well as some additional background information about the characters.
Intro (page 2)Edit
"The Thievius Raccoonus, a compendium of thieving knowledge compiled by the Cooper Clan over many generations, was stolen by the "Fiendish Five" on the very night that eight year old Sly Cooper was supposed to inherit the book. They overpowered Sly's family, leaving him an orphan, and scattered to the ends of the earth with pages from the book.
When he was old enough, Sly Cooper, together with his best friends Bentley and Murray, tracked down the Fiendish Five - Raleigh, Muggshot, Mz. Ruby, Panda King, and their leader, Clockwerk - and recovered all of the pages from the Thievius Raccoonus. He learned that Clockwerk was an immortal mechanical bird with a long standing grudge against the Cooper clan. After a grueling battle, Sly left the evil bird in pieces. He thought he had seen the last of Clockwerk... but he was wrong!
A museum in Egypt managed to get their hands on the Clockwerk pieces, intending to place them on display. Knowing their potential for harm, Sly Cooper heads to Cairo to retrieve the pieces before thy fall into the wrong hands... but will he be too late?"
Characters (page 3-6)Edit
Getting started (page 7-12)Edit
This section lists game controls for Sly, Bentley and Murray.
Episodes and jobs (page 13-121)Edit
In the format of a comic book, this section provides walkthroughs of every job. Also included are maps of each location, which pinpoint clue bottles, treasures and job beacons. This is the largest section of the guide.
Thiefnet (page 122-123)Edit
This section provides the name, cost, user, and description of every power-up in the game.
Loot (page 124-132)Edit
This section provides the name, location, value, and (for booby-trapped treasure) time of every loot and treasure in the game. For booby-trapped treasures, the guide provides an optimal route back to the safe house.
Vaults (page 133-134)Edit
This section provides the location, code and content of every vault in the game.
Enemies (page 135-142)Edit
This section gives profiles of the four known Klaww Gang members: Dimitri Lousteau, Rajan, Jean Bison and Arpeggio. It also lists all guards; it describes their methods of attack and gives strategies on how to defeat them.
Secrets (page 143)Edit
This section describes three Easter eggs that are present in the game.
- Dimitri Greasy Sweet Remix: In Dimitri's discothèque, breaking either one of the turntables located on the first floor will cause a remix of Dimitri's "Greasy Sweet" theme to play.
- Rocket R.I.P.: In episode 5, several of the graveyard headstones read "R.I.P. Rocket". This is a reference to the protagonist of Rocket: Robot on Wheels, the first game developed by Sucker Punch Productions.
- Episode Easter Eggs
- Episode 1: Sly 2: Band of Thieves promo trailer
- Episode 3: MTV Lala promo
- Episode 5: Sly 2: Band of Thieves 15 second television commercial
- Episode 7: Sly Cooper "Making of" video
- Episode 8: Credits roll and "Where are they now" clips
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus Official Strategy Guide
- The Sly Collection Official Strategy Guide
|Sly Cooper series|