How delightful. We have a guest. The only thing is...I HATE UNEXPECTED GUESTS!
Artwork of Raleigh from the Sly Collection Strategy Guide
Sir Raleigh was an anthropomorphic frog and the chief machinist of the Fiendish Five. He planned on using his weather machine to sink passing ships, and steal their treasures. He was the main antagonist of Episode 1: Tide of Terror of Sly Cooper And The Thievius Raccoonus.
Bored with a life of wealth and privilege, Raleigh's criminal mind blossomed when he discovered a life of piracy. A genius for designing evil machinery won this crime addict his place in the Fiendish Five as their chief machinist.
The Legend of the Welsh Triangle
Oh, I'm ever so sorry. How sloppy of me not to finish the job. Obviously we should have snuffed you out as well.
Despite his powerful attacks, Raleigh was beaten. Still conscious, Raleigh warned Sly of the dangers that awaited in Mesa City, where Muggshot resided. He began claiming that not even a snake could slither in without setting off alarms. Right on cue, Carmelita Fox arrived to arrest him and his crew, ending the legend of the Welsh Triangle.
Raleigh is incredibly cruel and sadistic, taking delight in making ships crash and watching them sink. He is also greedy, relishing in creating storms so he could loot the sunken ships for treasure. Raleigh is the only member of the Fiendish Five aside from Clockwerk who does not have a sad back story: he became a criminal just for the fun of it because he was bored with his life. Raleigh is not above killing children, as when Sly enters his lair he says (referring to when the Fiendish Five attacked the Cooper home) "We should have snuffed you out as well."
By swallowing special bees, Raleigh could bloat to a much greater size, allowing him to use his big bloated belly to squash and crush his foes. He is also capable of spinning his tongue to hit his enemies. He is also highly intelligent and capable in the area of machines; having built a storm machine and an entire artificial island to loot ships of their valuables.
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- A Shadow from the Past (appear on painting)
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Goodbye, My Sweet (hat appears)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- Of Mice and Mechs (hat appears as treasure)
- Raleigh's name is likely based on Sir Walter Raleigh.
- Raleigh's hat can be seen in the opening scene of Goodbye, My Sweet Part 1.
- In Sly 2: Band of Thieves, during the museum level, pictures of Sir Raleigh can be seen, along with ones of Panda King, Muggshot and Mz. Ruby.
- Raleigh was actually the one who found the Thievius Raccoonus during the raid on the Cooper house. This is true because a gloved hand grabbed it, and no one in the Fiendish Five but Raleigh wears gloves.
- In Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, after the defeat of Raleigh the only thing that remained was his hat. Which is the Safe treasure in the 4th episode, its ability is to prevent the gang from being damaged when they fall in the water.
- Raleigh is one of the few Sly Cooper villains whose rise to criminality didn't stem from a tragic event in his past, but merely because he was bored with his privileged life.
- Sir Raleigh is one of six British Villains in the series. These include himself, Dr. M, Neyla, Arpeggio, Miss Decibel and the Black Baron.
- He is the first boss ever in the series.