How delightful. We have a guest. The only thing is... I HATE UNEXPECTED GUESTS!
Sir Raleigh is a frog and the chief machinist of the Fiendish Five.
Bored with a life of wealth and privilege, Raleigh's criminal mind blossomed after discovering piracy. His skills in building machines led to his recruitment as chief machinist of the Fiendish Five. After the attack on Conner Cooper's home, Raleigh took off with the notes of Rioichi Cooper. Eventually, he had established himself near the Isle of Wrath and constructed a blimp-like "storm machine" that generated harsh rain and winds indefinitely. He utilized the storm machine to sink passing ships which he could then plunder.
Ten years later, Raleigh was confronted by Conner's son Sly. Raleigh mocked Sly, saying that he and the rest of the Fiendish Five should have "finished the job" when he helped slaughter Conner. He demonstrated his ability to bloat to gargantuan size, preparing to crush Sly like an insect. However, Raleigh was beaten despite his powerful attacks. Still conscious, he warned Sly of the dangers that awaited in Mesa City, where Muggshot resided. He was then arrested by Inspector Carmelita Fox and incarcerated at Heathrow Penitentiary.
Raleigh was a green frog with brown eyes. He wore no clothes except for white gloves and a distinctive blue top hat made of metal.
Raleigh was cruel and sadistic, taking delight in sinking ships and looting them for treasure. Raleigh is also one of few villains whose turn to criminality did not stem from a tragic event in his past, but merely because he was bored with his privileged life.
By swallowing bees, Raleigh was able to bloat to a much greater size, allowing him to use his added bulk to crush his foes. He was also capable of extending his tongue and using it to attack. He was also a skilled machinist, with his most notable creation being a huge machine capable of creating an endless storm.
- Raleigh's name is likely based on Sir Walter Raleigh.
- Raleigh was the one who found the Thievius Raccoonus during the raid on the Cooper home.
- There are several photos of Raleigh displayed in the Cairo Museum of Natural History.
- Raleigh's hat is seen in the beginning of "Goodbye My Sweet."
- Raleigh was referenced in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, where his hat appeared as a treasure.
- Raleigh is one of five British villains in the series. These include himself, Neyla, Arpeggio, Dr. M, and Miss Decibel.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Episode: Tide of Terror, Cinematic: Tide of Terror. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Episode: Tide of Terror, Cinematic: Raleigh Hung Out to Dry. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Episode: Tide of Terror, Job: A Stealthy Approach. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Episode: Tide of Terror, Job: The Eye of the Storm. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
- ↑ The Adventures of Sly Cooper: issue 2 page 3.