"Yes, I believe the time is now! Let us rush forward so that we may strike a crushing blow against the Black Tyrant who imprisoned me!
Sir Galleth Cooper
Sir Galleth, as he appears during Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
As a knight, Sir Galleth had a bombastic and over-dramatic personality, proving to Sly and the gang that he is not as skilled as the Thievius Raccoonus detailed him to be, and is also quite proud as shown when, after being saved from the mechanical “Moat Monster” by Carmelita, he made her promise to keep it a secret between them as "rescue by a fair damsel wounds him deepest."
Sir Galleth Cooper was possibly part of a court as his knighted preface "Sir" suggests. This could have been be a self given title, seeing as he had his own order of knights.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Described as being very bombastic and chivalrous, Sir Galleth gets captured and imprisoned in a type of "Mad Circus" in 1301 A.D by a villain known only as the Black Knight , something that was most likely done for the King's entertainment. The villain proceeds to not only humiliate Sir Galleth by making a fool, mockery, and literal jester of him, but taking over England in the process as well, thus changing history. Sly eventually rescues him and helps him take down the "Black Tyrant" a.k.a Penelope. Sir Galleth then faces off a mechanical three-headed dragon known as The Moat Monster. However, he got swallowed and Carmelita manages to save him. Carmelita kept the rescue as a secret between them as "being saved by such a fair maiden wounds his heart". During the climax on Le Paradox's blimp, Sir Galleth and the other ancestors arrive to retrieve their canes and return to their timelines.
Sir Galleth returned to his heroic adventures and went on to form the Knights of the Cooper Order, a gallant group that stole from corrupt nobility. He also became a successful (and overly dramatic) actor.
Sir Galleth soon gets his usual armor back. He possesses abilities that he didn't write in the Thievius Raccoonus, such as the Catapult Crash in which he can break through barriers while climbing on wall hooks. He can also use a variation of the Ninja Spire Jump (later perfected by Rioichi Cooper a couple of centuries after Galleth), as well as a form of the Rail Walk, which "Tennessee Kid" Cooper didn't invent for several centuries. However, like Rioichi, Sir Galleth may not have included these moves in the Thievius Raccoonus or he may have learned them during his time in the circus. In an E3 press conference, Sir Galleth was shown to have some sort of shield bash attack, as well as a slam attack and a spin attack.
It is shown in Galleth's section of the Cooper Vault that he has a shield with the Cooper family symbol on it. He left his lance on a pedestal while off to the side, there is a stone with a sword in it hinting at the myth of King Arthur. His obstacle contains both mechanics and a technique well before his time leading some to speculate that his portion of the vault might have deteriorated over time. It contains a series of rails with cut rocks rolling down them, forcing Sly to use a technique known as the rail slide that was not invented until the 18th century. It was possibly rebuilt after that time.
Sir Galleth perfected the Wall Hook move thanks to his elongated Lance Cane and created his own variation "The Catapult Crash". However, despite his bravado and gallantry, Sly has found that Sir Galleth isn't exactly as skilled as he depicted himself in the Thievius Raccoonus. However, Sir Galleth isn't all talk with no show, as he can combat a small army by himself and complete his assigned jobs quickly. However, his true problems lie in his over confidence in his abilities.
- Catapult Crash: This move was not included in the Thievius Raccoonus. It is a variation and enhancement of the hook spring move.
- Shield Dash: Double tap and hold to produce a shield that can be used to ram into enemies, causing heavy damage.
- Cane Combo: Press and then to activate a powerful combo move.
- Cane Landing Attack: Hold long enough then release it to do a slam attack.
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- A Shadow from the Past (cutscene)
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- Bentley's Hackpack (appears on arcade machine)
- Even though all art and most cutscenes depict Sir Galleth as being left-handed, he holds his lance in his right hand during gameplay.
- During cutscenes, Galleth has a mustache and a tiny stubble of hair on his chin, but during gameplay, he has a goatee.
- The "cane" part of Sir Galleth's lance is shorter in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time than in the Cooper Vault.
- Sir Galleth's signature color is silver.
- Sir Galleth is the only ancestor in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time to have gray fur, the others are all brown.
- Even though Sir Galleth owns a sword, it is never used in combat. The only times he is seen using his sword is in a futile attack against the Moat Monster, and during the "Catapult Crash", his signature move in which he launches from a wall-hook and breaks through barriers in his path.
- In The Amazing Cooperoni, there are banners of Galleth in his "fool" outfit performing various circus acts, such as walking on tightropes surrounded by fire, walking through a maze of fire, etc. Sly guesses that he does not enjoy this, as proven by the posters of Sir Galleth crying, screaming and begging.
- In early demos for Thieves in Time, Sir Galleth's mask was black. However, in the final version, his mask is blue.
- Yuri Lowenthal is well known for voicing many anime characters such as Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto, The Prince in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass. He also voices the 16 year old version of Ben Tennyson in Ben 10, Prince Alexander in The Pirates who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie,and Fright Rider in Skylanders: Giants. Coincidentally, Fright Rider, Prince Alexander, and Sir Galleth speak with an English accent.
- One of Sir Galleth's idle animations has him riding an imaginary horse, a possible reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- After the events of Thieves in Time, he went on to found the Knights of The Cooper Order, and become a successful, if overly dramatic actor.
- During the cutscenes in Thieves in Time, Galleth's fur appears brown like Rioichi's, but in gameplay it is gray.
- Sir Galleth is the only ancestor who is required in order to get all of the treasure in an episode of Thieves in Time.
- It can be assumed that his section of the Thievius Raccoonus detailed the hook spring move, since his signature move is an advanced version of it.
- During the loading sequence just before Galleth's section of Hard Target, it reveals that when Sir Galleth was a child, he used fire bulbs to make fire crackers.
- Galleth is the only ancestor established in the first trilogy, that did not make an appearance in the first game.
Cooper Gang Sly Cooper · Bentley · Murray Ancestors Rioichi Cooper · "Tennessee Kid" Cooper · Caveman "Bob" Cooper · Sir Galleth Cooper · Salim Al-Kupar Leader Cyrille Le Paradox Le Paradox's Crew El Jefe · Toothpick · Grizz · Black Knight · Miss Decibel Officers Carmelita Fox Other Sly Cooper's Father · Le Paradox Clan
It is rumored that his armor is made of Gallium, hence "Sir Galleth."