| ||This page is about the weapon used by members of INTERPOL. For the prize found in Bentley's Hackpack, see Shock Pistol (prize).|
|This pistol packs a paralyzing punch. You ought to try it; might snap you out of your crime spree.|
— Carmelita to Sly[src]
The shock pistol is a weapon that was designed to fire electric projectiles meant to stun a target. While Carmelita is the only one seen using the shock pistol, it is INTERPOL-issued, and therefore is likely used by other agents as well. It is very potent, able to take down a criminal as large and durable as Muggshot, as seen in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, and destroy inanimate objects as large as a police car, as seen in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
Carmelita is seen carrying it with her at all times for offensive and defensive purposes. It has an attached flashlight on it that beams white light, as opposed to the standard flashlight guards' lights, which are yellow.
Sly Cooper and the Thievius RaccoonusEdit
In Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, similar to other weapons used by standard enemies, the shock pistol is able to defeat Sly Cooper in a single shot.
Sly 2: Band of ThievesEdit
Sly 3: Honor Among ThievesEdit
In Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, the shock pistol can be used by the player during gameplay as Carmelita by pressing . It must be aimed with . Pressing creates a large reticle that causes the shots to home in on its targets, requiring less precision. It is the only weapon to be used by a main protagonist within the games in such a manner, as Carmelita's melee attack has an incredibly short range and is somewhat unreliable in comparison to the shock pistol. The version of the shock pistol was retired following the events of Sly 3, but was put back into use by the events of the fourth game.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeEdit
In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, the shock pistol is very similar to its Sly 2 and Sly 3 counterpart, save for the different rates of fire and effects, which include, but aren't limited to; triple shot, charge shot, and rapid fire. Carmelita uses her shock pistol to hit enemies, rather than kicking them as in Sly 2 and Sly 3.
Changes throughout the seriesEdit
The following changes are based on the differences in each game.
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus to Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- The design becomes slightly bulkier in gameplay, and the colors on the weapons are brighter.
- Weapon in cutscenes is smaller than before, with the weapon becoming similar in size to a handgun.
- Rear antenna is slightly smaller.
- Projectile speed increased.
- Rate of fire increased.
- Weapon damage reduced.
- Muzzle sound becomes more like handgun.
- Weapons now can be fired while mobile.
- Weapon projectile are smaller and no longer act as a homing missile.
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves to Sly 3: Honor among Thieves
- The weapon received increased firing rate due to Carmelita being a playable character.
- Projectile speed increased.
- A "taser" mode is seen being used on General Tsao.
- Weapon sound reduced.
- Weapon projectile changed from yellow lightning to blue lightning.
- Weapons damage reduced considerably due to being playable, except when facing the other guards as an AI.
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves to Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- The stripes on the pistol are yellow.
- The weapon in cutscenes and gameplay is similar.
- Weapon projectile speed increased.
- The length of the barrel is reduced slightly.
- Shock Pistol now can be upgraded via ThiefNet.
- Shock pistol ammo changed from standard handgun bullets into energy bullets.
- The concept of the shock pistol is likely based on the real-life Taser; a pistol-like weapon used by law enforcement agencies that uses debilitating electric shocks to subdue suspects without having to resort to lethal force.
- Sly Cooper refers to the shock pistol as a bazooka in the first game, though from then on it is always called a shock pistol. This is most likely due to the projectile that resembles homing missile.
- In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Carmelita focuses on aiming down sight when selected and when idle, she always stare at her shock pistol, seeing it if it's on a good shape.