Ancient Arabia refers to the Arabian Peninsula during Pre-Islamic and early Islamic times, The Arabian Peninsula, also known as Arabia is a peninsula of West Asia, situated north-east of Africa. Arabia was thought to be the land of magic genies, flying carpets and lost treasures.
Sly traveled to Arabia at 1001 A.D. and met his Arabian-resided ancestor, Salim Al-Kupar. At this time, Sly and the gang while on their journey through time to retrieve the missing pages of the Thievius Raccoonus. Sly discovered that Salim was planning to retire soon, but recent events such had ended that plan.
- Siamese Cat - Serve as Rooftop Guard.
- Monitor Lizard - Serve as secondary Rooftop Guard.
- Grenade Baboon - Serve as Flashlight Guard.
- Statue of Ms. Decibel above a fountain
- Statues of elephants
- Arabian palace
- Salim's Lamp shop
- Flying carpets shop
- Flying carpets
- A beach
- Clue Bottles
- Secret Sly Masks
- An oasis
- Sand dunes
- Hideout (Called the "Safe House" in previous games)
- In real life, Arabia in 1001 A.D. was the center of the Abbasid Caliphate, the third Islamic empire, ruled by caliphs and extended from Northern Africa, to Persia and all the way to western India
- Salim Al-Kupar and Ancient Arabia makes a reference to the folk tale, Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
- Some early gameplay images of Ancient Arabia was thought to be images for the Colonial Caribbean, where Henriette "One Eye" Cooper would reside