Sly Cooper and the Thievius RaccoonusIn Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, the Safe House is called "The Hideout" and it can be accessed through the pause menu, the map or getting inside the Cooper Van in the first level of the first four episodes. The Van takes you to the gang's abandoned train cart hideout in Paris.
The Hideout gives you the options of:
- Bentley - From Here you can watch unlocked Movies
- Tide of Terror - The first episode.
- Sunset Snake Eyes - The second Episode
- Vicious Voodoo - The third Episode
- Fire in the Sky - The fourth Episode
- The Cold Heart of Hate - Fifth and final episode
- Murray- In the North American version of the game, you can flick ahead to the hideout position of the next episode (but not play the episode) and Murray stands there, doing something comical. Pressing makes him do a different animation.
Sly 2 & 3
In Sly 2 and Sly 3, the Safe House is marked with a big, yellow "S" for easy viewing when you are in the field. The safehouse is located somewhere in each large "Hub" environment. Inside you can access:
- Thiefnet- Here you can purchase upgrades for the 3 main characters
- Sly- Press to play as Sly in the Hub
- Bentley- Press the play as Bentley once he is highlighted
- Murray- Highlight Murray and press to play as him in the Hub.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
In Sly 4, the Safe House is renamed "The Hideout". The big, yellow "S" is now replaced with a yellow house while in the field. Each Safe House is also given a name.
New features in the Safe House include:
- The Treasure Wall- After a treasure is brought back to the Hideout, it can be viewed here.
- Costume Gallery- This is where you can choose which costume you want to wear in the hub world. Costumes that were shown are the Samurai, Archer, and the Thief.
- The Van-The van allows you to travel to previous time periods and replay jobs from the current time period.
- Arcade Room- Here there is a ping pong table and an arcade machine that can only be accessed once all treasures from that period have been found. There is one arcade machine per episode.
List of Safe Houses:
- Police Headquarters (Paris, France): The Cooper Van in Paris.
- Tide of Terror (Welsh Triangle): The Cooper Van in Welsh Triangle.
- Sunset Snake Eyes (Mesa City): The Cooper Van in Mesa City.
- Vicious Voodoo (Haitian Jungle): The Cooper Van in Haiti.
- Fire in the Sky (China): The Cooper Van in China.
- The Cold Heart of Hate (Russian Mountain): The Cooper Van in the Krack-Karov Volcano.
- A Shadow From The Past (Cairo, Egypt): The Cooper Van in Cairo.
- The Black Chateau (Paris, France): In the Cooper Gang's house with a view over Dimitri's nightclub.
- The Predator Awakes (Indian Jungle): In a small room made inside the mouth of a huge stone tiger's head with a view over Rajan's Spice Temple.
- A Tangled Web (Prague again): In an old, Gothic house with a view over the Contessa's castle estate.
- He Who Tames the Iron Horse (Canadian Wilderness/Station): In an old house on the docks with a view over Jean Bison's coast train station.
- Menace from the North, Eh? (Canada/Canadian Camp): In a cabin with a view over Jean Bison's logging camp.
- Anatomy for Disaster (In the Sky Between Canada & Paris): In the battery charger on Arpeggio's blimp.
- Rumble Down Under (Australian Outback/Australia): In a large house on a cliff with a view over the mining camp.
- Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blood Bath Bay and the ship): When you are in Blood Bath Day it's in a lighthouse-like house with no view since the windows are boarded up. When you're at sea, it is below deck on your ship with a view over the sea.
- Honor Among Thieves (Kaine Island): The Pirate Ship from episode 5 at Kaine Island.
- Turning Japanese (Feudal Japan): In a big, old Japanese house called "The Hidden Shuriken" with leaves covering the entrance, the prison is up ahead from the hideout entrance.
- Go West, Young Raccoon (Wild West): Inside a large clock tower, behind the clock itself (you can see gears). Named "The Hootenanny Clock Tower"
- Clan of the Cave Raccoon (Prehestoric Tundra): Up a trail on the western part of the Hub, the hideout is a Hut-like house made out of stone with a grass-like roof, just outside is a sign reading: "Gunga". Named "Iced Campsite"
- Of Mice and Mechs (Medieval England): The entrance is in a large tree on top of the hideout, called "The Major Oak"
- Forty Thieves (Ancient Arabia): In a lower cave near the beach shore. Called "Sneaky Snake Hideout".
- Paris Epilogue: In the gang's old hideout back in Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
- Inside the safehouses from "Band of Thieves" and "Honor Among Thievs", there are some windows with a view of important structers, but in "Thieves in Time" there isn't.
- In "Band of Thieves", Murray can not be selected to play as in the Episode 4 Safehouse. Similarly in "Honor Among Thieves", Murray can not be selected to play in the Episode 1 Safehouse until after Octavio has been defeated.
- The last episode in "Honor Among Thieves" does not have a Hub or a Safe House.
- Safe House in Pirate Ship is only safehouse that can't be returned to after completing the level.
- In "Thieves in Time", Bentley's ThiefNet computer is of the Shell Brand. This logo is a parody of the "Dell" brand of computers.
- Similar to the first Sly Cooper game, in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, a new object will be added around the safehouse for every mission completed.