The Setup Edit
With Murray back on the team, it seemed just like the old times. The gang was back in action. However, Murray was feeling guilty about joining back up with his friends without his Guru's permission to quit his training.
Sly and the gang packed up, whipped up some disguises and traveled to the Australian Outback to find The Guru. Along the way, Murray told several stories about his Guru's amazing abilities and Sly took them into consideration, thinking that the Guru seemed like the best recruit they could've asked for. However, when they finally arrived in the Outback, they found the area was in a state of despair, following an extensive opal-mining project, and the Guru was nowhere to be seen.
|Job name||Completed by|
|Search for the Guru||Sly|
|Where's the Guru? Have Sly go find him somewhere in the Outback.|
|Murray needs to see the Guru and request that he can be released from his training.|
|Retrieve the Guru's gear before the booby traps are set off.|
|Big Truck||Sly, Murray|
|Using a big truck, scoop up Red Giant Soldier Scorpions to scare off miners.|
|Unleash the Guru||Bentley, the Guru|
|With his walking staff and moonstone returned it is time for the Guru to escape and help the gang!|
|The Claw||Sly, Murray|
|Power up the mine fields to retrieve radioactive oil, but watch out for the miners!|
|Lemon Rage||Sly, Bentley, Murray|
|Drive the miners out of the lemonade bar.|
|Throw an all-you-can-eat miner buffet for a crocodile!|
|Operation: Moon Crash||Sly, Bentley, Murray|
|Let's destroy the Mask of Dark Earth!|
The Getaway Edit
After the mask was destroyed, Carmelita just lied there, unconscious on the desert floor. Being gentlemen, the gang, along with the Guru, wrapped her up in a blanket and kept watch over her throughout the night. To ensure that she does not leave empty-handed, they took pictures on Carmelita's camera and left. The next day, she woke up and discovered the camera with Sly's calling card next to it.
For the first time in Cooper Gang history, they have picked up a new member. The Guru is now officially a part of the gang and he joins them on their next journey.
Master Thief ChallengesEdit
|Rock Run||Complete the rock climbing course under time pressure.|
|Cave Sprint||Make it to the safe without being damaged, and before time runs out.|
|Cave Mayhem||Defeat 12 guards and make it out of the cave in time.|
|Scaling the Drill||Make it to the top of the drill before time expires.|
|Guard Swappin'||Possess 5 different guards without touching the ground.|
|Quick Claw||Keep Murray safe from the guards to score high on this challenge.|
|Pressure Brawl||Sly, Bentley and Murray team up to win a giant brawl under time pressure.|
|Croc and Coins||Collect 100 coins while fending off attacking guards.|
|Carmelita Climb||Get the mask off Carmelita before time runs out.|
|Outback Treasure Hunt||Using your treasure map, follow the clues to find the hidden loot.|
- In the Sly 3 demo, the sun was in a different direction.
- It is shown that the Mask of Dark Earth is made of wood, as you can hear the sound of wood whenever it escapes and when it's destroyed at the end.
- It seems that when a dingo has the mask on, their attacks are more vicious, while kangaroo guards still use their original attacks when they are wearing the mask.
- Bentley makes a reference to the Sly 2: Band of Thieves episode, A Tangled Web, by showing a picture of himself in the "Mojo Trap Action" mission in his first slideshow.
- It's the only episode of the series where the main antagonist is not a living being, but rather a mask infused with magic.
- It's the only episode in the series where the guards do not have a boss they are directly following orders from.
- This episode has a longest time to getaway from the scene due to Carmelita being knocked unconscious after rescuing her from Mask of Dark Earth, most likely around 9 to 12 hours due to Cooper Gang guard her overnight.
- There is no music for the "Hungry Croc" mission in the original PlayStation 2 version of the game. This was fixed in The Sly Collection.
- In the setup cinematic of this episode, on the wall in the gang's room is a portrait of Carmelita.
- This episode has the most Master Thief Challenges.
|Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of power-ups · List of jobs · List of loot|