A Power-up, also called a Gadget, is a type of equipment that is prominent in all three games in the Sly Cooper series. All three of the game's protagonists – Sly, Bentley and Murray – are all capable of using power-ups. Power-ups vary from elaborate disguises to enhanced forms of attack. Most take up bits of the Focus Meter, which is located within the thief meter.
In Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, Sly, Bentley, and Murray all have their own distinct power-up menus called the "gadget grid," which can be accessed by pressing the SELECT button during gameplay. When brought up, power-ups can be assigned to either the L1, L2 or R2 buttons.
List of power-ups
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Only Sly is playable in this game, so all of the power-ups in this section are only used by Sly.
- Dive – Sly does dive while twirling his cane and ends with a somersault.-Drake Cooper
- Roll – Sly rolls at high speeds.-Old Sally Cooper
- Slow – Slows down gameplay.-Dev Cooperinda
- Mine – Sly throws his hat, and detonates it with his cane.-Rob McCooper
- Fast – Speeds up gameplay.-B.F. Cooper
- Decoy – Sly tosses a black cardboard cutout of himself.-Sir Andrew Cooper
- Stun – Sly hits his cane to the ground, causing all guards to freeze in time for a few seconds.
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- Smoke Bomb – Sly sets off a bomb that blocks the enemy's line of sight. Perfect for a getaway.
- Combat Dodge – When fighting an enemy, Sly can perform dodges by pressing the assigned button.
- Insanity Strike - Makes enemies attack eachother.
- Voltage Attack - Kills guards instantly.
- Stealth Slide – A quiet and faster way to get around.
- Alarm Clock – Sly throws an Alarm Clock, which can distract an enemy.
- Paraglider – Sly will launch a parachute while in the air. Makes for a good and smooth descent.
- Thief Reflexes – Slows down gameplay.
- Silent Obliteration – A silent and faster way of taking out enemies while they haven't seen Sly.
- Feral Pounce – Allows Sly to jump longer distances than he can with a normal double jump.
- Trigger Bomb – A bomb that you can throw and detonate at any time.
- Size Destabilizer – Activates the crossbow to make them shrink for a few seconds when hit.
- Snooze Bomb – A bomb that will make guards around its blast fall asleep.
- Adrenaline Burst – Bentley will immediately run faster than normal.
- Health Extractor – Bentley will throw out a mine-like item, and activate it near a guard. The guard will be sucked up and a health pack will go to Bentley.
- Hover Pack – A jetpack for Bentley.
- Reduction Bomb – A bomb that makes guards around its blast shrink.
- Temporal Lock – Freeze time around the guards temporarily.
- Fists of Flame – Murray will clap into the air, turning his fists on fire. Any enemy hit will be killed instantly.
- Turnbuckle Launch – By holding the assigned powerup button, Murray will jump higher.
- Juggernaut Throw – Anything Murray throws explodes on impact.
- Atlas Strength – Murray can jump and run while carrying a guard.
- Raging Inferno Flop – A fiery thunder flop that kills guards.
- Berserker Charge – Rush straight forward to scatter guards.
- Guttural Roar – Roar out loud to scare guards.
- Diablo Fire Slam – Murray slams a guard down to trigger a deadly firestorm.
These power-ups are unlocked by opening the safe (finding all the Clue Bottles) in each area.
- Knockout Dive – Sly dives into an enemy to knock them out while spinning his cane.
- Insanity Strike – Sly sets his spiced cane so whenever he hits two or more enemies, they attack each other.
- Voltage Attack – Sly electrifies his cane so whenever he hits an enemy, they are shocked and die instantly.
- Long Toss – Both Sly and Bentley will be able to toss gadgets farther.
- Rage Bomb – Sly will throw a bomb including spice. When it hits an enemy, that enemy will attack other fellow guards.
- Music Box – Sly will throw a music box onto the ground. Guards near it will fall asleep.
- Lightning Spin – Sly will spin while doing a shockwave with his cane. The enemies nearby will be electrocuted and instantly die.
- Shadow Power – Sly will turn invisible, but can't attack or pick pocket.
Button cheat power-ups
- Mega Jump – Gives Sly a very high jump. Unlocked by button cheat RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, R1, LEFT and if game is completed 100%.
- TOM – Mechanical dummy that will attract guard's attention so that Sly can distract them. Identical in use as the Alarm Clock.
- Time Rush – Speeds up gameplay.
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Smoke Bomb
- Knockout Dive
- Combat Dodge
- Rocket Boots – A quick getaway from enemies.
- Silent Obliteration
- Feral Pounce
- Thief Reflexes
- Shadow Power Level 1
- Shadow Power Level 2 – The evolution of the original Shadow Power, Sly now has the ability to use other power-ups, pickpocket, and attack while invisible.
- Treasure Map – A map that will be required for challenges and jobs in Blood Bath Bay.
- Venice Disguise – Sly will wear a disguise that fools guards in Venice.
- Photographer Disguise - Sly will wear a disguise that will fool the guards in China.
- Pirate Disguise – Sly will wear a disguise that will fool the guards in Blood Bath Bay.
- Spin Attack Level 1
- Spin Attack Level 2
- Spin Attack Level 3
- Push Attack Level 1
- Push Attack Level 2
- Push Attack Level 3
- Jump Attack Level 1
- Jump Attack Level 2
- Jump Attack Level 3
- Trigger Bomb
- Fishing Pole – This is Bentley's device for Pickpocketing (Also known as P-P-P; Pick-Pocket-Pole).
- Alarm Clock
- Adrenaline Burst
- Health Extractor
- Insanity Strike
- Grapple-Cam – A camera that can be used for distracting and attracting guards, including a grappling arm.
- Size Destabilizer
- Rage Bomb
- Reduction Bomb
- Hover Pack
- Aboriginal Ball Form – Murray curls into a ball and can bounce around the map
- Berserker Charge
- Juggernaut Throw
- Guttural Roar
- Fists of Flame
- Temporal Lock
- Raging Inferno Flop
- Diablo Fire Slam
- Mega Jump
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- Paraglider - Press and hold to glide.
- Cane Swat Combo - During combat quickly press then .
- Mega Charge Attack - Hold and then release it to launch attack.
- Silent Obliteration - While sneaking behind an enemy quickly press then
- Rail Sprint - While on any rail press and hold to sprint.
- Steerable Cane Spin - Allows Sly to steer his Cane Spin attack using .
- Smoke Bomb - Press to drop a smoke bomb.
- Meter Recharger - Automatically recharges the Gadget Meter in the blink of an eye.
- Run While Charging - Allows Sly to run while charging using .
- Flash Bomb - Press to drop a flash bomb.
- Moving Pickpocket - Allows Sly to move while attempting to pickpocket.
- Sprint While Charging - Allows Sly to sprint while charging by holding down .
- Cane Push - Double tap .
- Paraglider Dive Attack - Allows Sly to dive down and attack a target while paragliding by Pressing .
- Silent Sprint - Hold down to sprint, the nearby guards won't hear Sly's footsteps.
- Air Smash - Jump and press .
- Sleep Ammo - Press and hold to select this ammunition that allows Bentley to shoot sleep darts and throw sleep bombs.
- Adrenaline Burst - Double tap to boost away from enemies. Uses the Focus Meter.
- Bomb Kick - Press before the bomb drops on the ground to kick it forward.
- Shock Ammo - Press and hold L2 to select this ammunition that allows Bentley to shoot shock darts and throw shock bombs.
- Trigger Bomb - Press to trigger the bomb's dotonation.
- Heat Seeking - Hold and release it to drop a heat seeking bomb.
- Confusion Ammo - Press and hold L2 to select this ammunition that allows Bentley to shoot confusion darts and throw confusion bombs.
- Multi Bomb - Allows Bentley to drop up to 5 bombs in quick succession on each release of tringle button .
- Throwing Shield - A handy shield that automatically deploys whenever aiming to protect ×Benley from harm.
- Bomb Blast v2.0 - Doubles the size of any bomb explosion.
- Shrink Ammo - Press and hold L2 to select this ammunition that allows ×Bentley to shoot shrink darts and throw shrink bombs.
- Scorching Hover Pack - While in the air press X and hold to inflict damage from above.
- Bomb Drop v2.0 - Allows Bentley to boost while holding a bomb using .
- Bend it like Bentley - Press SQUARE while in front of a live bomb to kick it directly towards a nearby target.
- Homing Darts - While in ×Binocucom press R1 to fire a heat seeking dart.
- Meter Recharger - Automatically recharges the ×Focus Meter in the blink of an eye.
- Adrenaline Burst Plus - Double tap R1 to boost away from enemies, hold it to boost even longer.
- Moving Pickpocketing - Allows Bentley to continue moving during any pickpocket attempt.
- Elbo El Drop'o Combo - During combat quickly press then .
- Mega Charge Attack - Press and hold , release it to launch attack.
- El Drop'o
- Looty Shake
- Steerable Fist Spin
- Clothesline - Double tap .
- Juggernaut Throw
- Fists of Flame
- Run While Charging
- Raging Inferno Flop
- Light as a Feather
- Dukes of Dynamite
- Sprint While Charging
- Clothesline a lo Macho
- Diablo Fire Slam
- Licks of Lightning
- Cuffs of Confusion
- Meter Recharger
- Mega Stomp
- El Drop'o a lo Macho
- Super Jump - Press and hold , then press .
- Charge Shot - Hold and then release it to unleash a dangerous charge shot.
- Stun Shot - Press to fire a stun shot.
- Triple Shot - Press to fire 3 spread projectiles per shot.
- Auto Fire - Hold for continuous fire.