Mmm, I could feel that Cooper vibe coming. Most distastefully bad juju.
Mz. Ruby was an alligator and chief mystic of the Fiendish Five. She planned on creating an army of ghosts to take over Mexico. She was the main antagonist of Episode 3: Vicious Voodoo of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
Mz. Ruby was born into a family of mystics and was feared by other children due to her strange powers. Learning to summon the undead was the only possible method she had of gaining friends. Years of bitterness led an adult Ruby to use her voodoo talents to commit crimes in order to take revenge on the world for fearing her as a child. She became the Chief Mystic of the Fiendish Five, which allowed the group to break both the laws of man and nature at the same time.
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
As a member of the Fiendish Five, she accompanied her fellow cohorts during the attack on the Cooper home and was involved in the subsequent murder of Sly's parents. She departed with the manuscripts of Slytunkhamen Cooper and fled into the jungles of Haiti. Mz. Ruby used her knowledge of voodoo to create armies of ghosts from bones and body parts, setting them within and around her alligator Skull Temple.
Despite numerous obstacles, Sly Cooper managed to reach her temple and faced her in a battle of "Voodoo Simon Says," as Sly puts it. Mz. Ruby was beaten and was forced to tell the location of Panda King. Her voodoo activities, primarily the creation of zombies, earned her a life sentence behind bars.
Mz. Ruby is a dark green alligator with a light green belly and mouth, along with sharp teeth, spikes on her tail, and dark blue hair. Her attire includes what appears to be a pinkish-purple sleeveless shirt, a red bandana on her head tying up her hair, and one gold ring on each of her ankles and two on her wrists. She also has her fingernails and toenails painted red in addition to her ruby in her belly button and a gold necklace around her neck. Her appearance and mannerisms are stereotypical for a voodoo persists. Due to her species she is notably larger than Sly.
Mz. Ruby is a particularly cold and dark individual due to years of isolation in her early childhood. Despite her eventual use of magic in order to make friends, she later employed these abilities in a life of crime. She is somewhat maternal towards her zombie creations, calling them her children. Mz. Ruby possesses an eccentric and sadistic sense of humour, quite delighted at the thought of Sly dying. She is ambitious as she had plans to use her dark creations to take over Mexico. Despite her great power and large build, Mz. Ruby is cowardly and opts to fight Sly from a distance rather than hand to hand.
Mz. Ruby possesses numerous magical abilities including conjuring ghosts, reviving the dead, and firing energy blasts and as seen in her battle with Sly. She can also teleport. On top of this, she seems to have the skills of a seer as she was able to predict Sly's arrival in Haiti. She can also speak inside people's minds, shown in "Descent Into Danger." She spoke to Sly in his mind that she knows he's in her territory. She warns Sly that if he doesn't leave then he'll spend an eternity in "Zombie Servitude."
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- The Adventures of Sly Cooper Issue 2
- Mz. Ruby's swamp is one of the locations shown in the paintings in Octavio's coffee houses in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
- Mz. Ruby had a turtle-like servant called Chumley who indirectly assisted Sly in ultimately bringing her down. Chumley ultimately met his doom after he was hit by Mz. Ruby's voodoo magic.
- Mz. Ruby shares some similarities with the Contessa, as they are both cold-blooded animals, their hub levels have obvious mystic vibes to them, and they are both the only female members of their gangs.
- Mz. Ruby is one of the two Sly Cooper villains known to be sentenced to life in prison, the other one being Cyrille Le Paradox.
- The music during her boss fight in The Sly Collection wasn't correctly updated, causing the music to be off time with the button presses.
- However despite the fact that the music is still unsynced in the PSVita remaster, the player doesn't need to be as accurate when pressing the buttons.
- Mz. Ruby having a belly button is illogical, as belly buttons are only found on mammals, and Mz. Ruby is a reptile.
- Mz. Ruby is one of the two Sly Cooper villains shown to have the power to reanimate the dead, the other being General Tsao.
- Mz. Ruby appears on two potion advertising billboards in the mission "At the Dog Track."
- Whenever Mz. Ruby successfully lands a hit on Sly, she can briefly be seen using her belly as a drum; some of Sir Raleigh's Walrus guards also do this.
- Mz. Ruby and Muggshot are the only bosses in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus to address Sly directly over the P.A. system (or telepathically, in Mz. Ruby's case) near the end of their respective episodes; Sir Raleigh and Panda King address the guards in their employ rather than Sly.
- ↑ "Episode 3: Vicious Voodoo" – Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- ↑ The Adventures of Sly Cooper#Issue 2