"Mmm, I could feel that Cooper vibe coming. Most distastefully bad juju."
Artwork of Ruby from the Sly Collection Strategy Guide
Mz. Ruby was an anthropomorphic alligator and chief mystic of the Fiendish Five. She planned on creating an army of ghosts to take over Mexico. She was the main antagonist of Episode 3: Vicious Voodoo of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
Mz. Ruby was born into a family of mystics and was feared by other children due to the intimidation of her strange powers. Thus, learning to summon the undead was the only possible method she had of gaining friends. Years of bitterness led an adult Ruby to use her voodoo talents to commit crimes in order to take revenge on the world for fearing her as a child. She became the Chief Mystic of the Fiendish Five, which allowed the group to break both the laws of man and nature at the same time.
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
As a member of the Fiendish Five, she accompanied her fellow cohorts during the attack on the Cooper home and was involved in the subsequent murder of Sly's parents. She departed with the manuscripts of Slytunkhamen Cooper and fled into the jungles of Haiti. Mz. Ruby used her knowledge of voodoo to create armies of ghosts from bones and body parts, setting them within and around her crocodile Skull Temple.
Despite numerous obstacles, Sly Cooper managed to reach her temple and faced her in a battle of "Voodoo Simon Says," as Sly put it. Mz. Ruby was beaten and was forced to tell the location of Panda King. Her voodoo activities, primarily the creation of zombies, earned her a life sentence behind bars.
Mz. Ruby is a dark green alligator with a lightish green belly and mouth, along with sharp teeth, spikes on her tail, and dark blue hair. Her attire includes what appears to be a pinkish-purple sleeveless shirt, a red bandana on her head tying up her hair, and one gold ring on each of her ankles and two on her wrists. She also has her fingernails and toenails painted red in addition to a red jewel in her belly and a gold necklace around her neck.
Mz. Ruby is a particularly cold and dark individual due to years of isolation in her early childhood. Despite her eventual use of magic in order to make friends, she later employed these abilities in a life of crime. She is somewhat maternal towards her zombie creations, calling them her children.
Mz. Ruby possesses numerous magical abilities including conjuring ghosts, reviving the dead, and firing energy blasts and as seen in her battle with Sly, she can also teleport. On top of this, she seems to have the skills of a seer as she was able to predict Sly's arrival in Haiti. She can also speak inside people's minds, shown on "Descent Into Danger." She spoke to Sly in his mind that she knows he's in her territory. She warns Sly that if he doesn't leave then he'll spend an eternity in "Zombie Servitude."
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- Prologue: A Shadow From The Past (painting)
- The Adventures of Sly Cooper Issue 2
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Goodbye, My Sweet (Voodoo Doll appears)
- Mz. Ruby's swamp is one of the locations shown in the paintings in Octavio's coffee houses in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
- Mz. Ruby had a turtle-like servant called Chumley who indirectly assisted Sly in ultimately bringing her down.
- Mz. Ruby shares some similarities with the Contessa, as they are both cold-blooded animals, their hub levels have obvious mystic vibes to them, and they are both the only female members of their gangs.
- Mz. Ruby's Voodoo Simon Says game is similar Parappa the Rapper's dancing mini-games.
- Mz. Ruby is one out of two Sly Cooper villains to be known to being sentenced to a life in prison, the other one being Cyrille Le Paradox.
- Her bossfight in The Sly Collection was ruined during the port, as the music is about 4 seconds off, making it harder to deal with.
- ↑ "Episode 3: Vicious Voodoo" – Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- ↑ The Adventures of Sly Cooper Issue 2