Trivia relating to Murray.
- Murray's signature color is magenta.
- After defeating Muggshot in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, during the cutscene he is wearing a hat with "WW" on it. This is a reference to Whoopie World from Rocket: Robot on Wheels, Sucker Punch's first game.
- Despite being a hippo, Murray, like Sly and Bentley, can't swim. It was stated in the Sly 2 instruction guide that it's because they didn't take swimming lessons at the orphanage. Unlike Sly and Bentley, he appears to have overcome this weakness as he is briefly seen swimming in Thieves in Time with the aid of scuba gear. However, this ability does not carry over into gameplay.
- The headband Murray wore as a child is Japanese, which can be seen by looking at the red design on it that resembles the Sun.
- His appearance in the ending of Sly 3 was meant to resemble Speed Racer.
- In the Cooper Vault Job he worked "Recovery Team."
- According to Dr. M, Murray is far more powerful than Jim McSweeney ever was.
- During development of the first game, Murray was initially going to be bisexual. This idea was dropped, however, after early tests confused players as to why Murray was talking the way he did.
- This voice can be heard in some of the early demos for the games. Some of the audio files are also accessible on disc.
- The trailer "Murray's Mailbag" reveals that the reason Murray doesn't wear pants is because he can't find any in his size, a fact that embarrasses and frustrates him.
- Murray is voiced in Japanese by Takashi Nagasako in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus and Sly 2. However, Hajime Iijima takes over from Sly 3 onward, even to Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and Sly Cooper Collection.
- In Japanese, Murray is called "Captain Murray" from Sly 2 onward.
- Murray is the only member in the Cooper Gang to cross-dress, and has done so at least 3 times, once in the short "Goodbye My Sweet" another time in The Adventures of Sly Cooper Issue 2, and once in Thieves in Time.
- Murray eats a variety of foods while standing idle in Thieves in Time. If he gets a piece of broccoli however, he holds back his barf, and discards the food.
- In Thieves in Time, Murray has a miniature figurine of The Guru hanging from inside his Binocucom.