I thought I'd finished it.
This page needs to be expanded in order to include more relevant information.
|I will orchestrate your demise!|
— Miss Decibel while fighting Sly Cooper[src]
Miss Decibel was a villain in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. She joined Le Paradox's gang as one of his lieutenants and was sent to Ancient Arabia. She planned on obtaining the lost masterpieces of classical musicians, such as Mozart and Beethoven.
She was voiced by Eliza Jane Schneider.
Decibel was born into a wealthy British family. As a child, she had a love of performing music, though she never was very good at it. Everyone who came to one of her recitals left in disgust. After a particularly disappointing performance, the young Decibel threw her trumpet up in the air during one of her volatile temper tantrums, which came back down and lodged in the end of her trunk. Trying to remove it, she blew, causing a hypnotic note to play. The crowd now seemed to love her music. Soon after, realizing the power of this gift, Miss Decibel turned to a life of crime, hypnotizing innocent people into committing her crimes for her. Le Paradox hired her, hoping her skills would help him with his schemes.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Setting her up in Arabia, Le Paradox had Miss Decibel hypnotize three members of Salim al-Kupar's gang, using them to forge documents that established him as royalty in the present. She eventually began a romantic relationship with Le Paradox, though in the end he was just using the relationship as the driving force behind the forgeries, which was uncovered as soon as Le Paradox had Salim's cane. Le Paradox left Miss Decibel in Arabia, and after this turn of events, Miss Decibel was brought back to the present and incarcerated. After being sent to prison, Miss Decibel decided to turn her life around. The trumpet was removed, she enrolled in anger management classes and began a music class in the prison, much to the dismay of the inmates as her skills had not improved over the years. With continued good behavior, Miss Decibel may be eligible for early parole.
|Mandrills||Flashlight guard||Grenades||They're armed with various grenades to throw. They also have various close combat moves.|
|Lizards||Rooftop guard||Gas Shooter + Grenade Launcher||They're armed with a gas shooter that doubles as a grenade launcher that spews toxic gas (possibly Le Paradox's). They can also use their tongues if engaged in close combat.|
|Siamese cats||Rooftop guard||Dual Scimitars||Armed with two scimitars, they will also try to hurl these at you from a distance.|
- A decibel is a unit used to measure how loud sounds are. This suits her as a musician.
- Her hair color and style bears a strong resemblance to Cruella De Vil. It is also a reference to the two characters that Miss Decibel originally was during development.
- Early concept art shows that Miss Decibel was originally two different characters: a male elephant who appeared to be some sort of librarian or scholar, and a high society monitor lizard. The two characters were eventually merged into Miss Decibel during development.
- Miss Decibel is the third villain whose name is associated with music, the first was Arpeggio and the second being Octavio.
- Miss Decibel is also the second villain who was betrayed by the final villain, the first also being Arpeggio.
- Curiously enough, she appears to be gray in the animated cutscenes, while in-game she is green.
- Miss Decibel is the only henchman of Le Paradox to not try and pursue her own agenda. All of the other bosses, including Penelope, had put their own goals ahead of Le Paradox's in some form.
- Though she did have hopes to acquire lost musical masterpieces by musicians like Mozart and Beethoven. This is, of course, something she chose to put on the back burner in favor of remaining loyal to Le Paradox's cause.
- Miss Decibel appears to be a homage to several villains from the original trilogy: Mz. Ruby, The Contessa and Octavio. Like Mz. Ruby, her battle strategy involves heading from one platform to another after a barrage of musical attacks and both have a form of "Ms." in their names. Like the Contessa, Miss Decibel is an expert hypnotist. And like Octavio, both have names having to do with music and both were once musical performers, Octavio being a former opera singer and Miss Decibel being a former classical musician.
- If you search Arabia carefully as Sly, you can find a tunnel that leads to a room with Miss Decibel sleeping behind a screen. She appears here, even after completing Arabia, when she is presumably thrown in prison.
- She is allergic to camel hair, emitting enormous sneezes that turn her in the opposite direction.
- A painting of Miss Decibel, or someone with a similar appearance, appears in the arcade room of the safe house in Arabia.
- She's the only lieutenant that called Le Paradox by his first name.
|Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of power-ups · List of jobs · List of loot|