I have no idea what you're saying. And your suit sucks! (specifics: Guards section)
|Avast Lubbers! Didn't think ye could steal from the smartest man on the Seven Seas and not taste the repercussions! Har, har, har!|
— LeFwee to the Cooper Gang on Dagger Island[src]
He was voiced by David Scully.
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Captain of the pirate vessel "Death's Head," LeFwee stole the map to Reme Lousteau's diving gear and had stolen loot from Black Spot Pete. This earned him the attention of Sly Cooper and co, notably Lousteau's grandson Dimitri. LeFwee proved himself to be a dangerous foe, booby-trapping the map's container with dust to temporarily blind Penelope and later kidnapping her on Dagger Isle. He is said to be the smartest man of the Seven Seas.
Returning to Blood Bath Bay with Penelope as his prisoner, LeFwee found himself besieged by the Cooper Gang. After his ship's mast was wrecked, LeFwee tricked Sly into going after Penelope, when it was, in fact, a bomb made to look like her. Sly escaped, and the Guru brought in the giant squid Crusher. Bentley freed Penelope, but LeFwee knocked Bentley to the deck, preparing to kill him. However, Penelope engaged him in a sword fight, knocking him overboard and feeding the overzealous parrot to the sharks.
Lefwee was a small orange parrot with a beard made of feathers. He had an eyepatch over his left eye, and wore a purple coat that reached down to his feet and a black belt around his waist. He wore one purple shoe, and had a wooden leg. Instead of a sword, he had one had replaced with a multi-purpose hook, similar to an army knife.
Captain LeFwee is incredibly self-centered, thinking himself as infallible. It is actually a mask for his insecurity, as he quickly grows angered when it is suggested that he is second to anyone in anything, particularly in terms of intelligence (one reason why he hates Bentley so fiercely). He is also intolerant of failure and opinions that differ from his own among his underlings, and demonstrates this by putting them to death when displeased. More of an intellectual than most pirates, he would be rather refined were it not for his behavior and use of pirate slang.
Captain LeFwee was also known to be attracted to Penelope, having taken her captive and forced into a dress, even referring to her as his "sweet pirate flower." His hope was that once her teammates were gone, she could eventually come to feel the same for him (and become a pirate like him). However, she didn't feel the same way, as demonstrated by her facing him in a duel. Apparently, his affections for her were not entirely genuine (or his rather short patience came into play), as he engaged her atop the ship's masts, and sardonically bids her farewell, mocking her fighting skills if the player loses.
Captain LeFwee is a brilliant strategist, having earned himself the title "Smartest Man on the Seven Seas". Prior to the Cooper Gang's arrival, he had never been bested, or even equaled in intelligence. However, for all his skill, he met his match in Bentley, who was pitted against him not only because of their roles as strategists, but because of their feelings for Penelope.
He is also a master swordsman, surprisingly deadly despite his small stature. His sword itself is a formidable, over-sized, broad-bladed cutlass. LeFwee's left hand has been replaced by a hook and, though it is never shown in the game, promotional art shows the hook to possess interchangeable gadgets such as a sword blade and a corkscrew, similar to a Swiss Army knife.
LeFwee has three types of goons in his pirate crew - all being dogs based on the term "Salty Sea Dogs."
- Chihuahua - These minions are actually very weak, and they can only strike you with their sword in the same direction. They are pretty good at evading your attempts to defeat them, but around three hits will take them down (for Murray, only two). These guards have a very weak point along with the Small Golden Retrievers; sometimes, they'll stop and lay down if they were going to sleep, and they won't spot you if you walk in front of them. But they do it for only three seconds, so be careful.
- Golden retriever - They are stronger than the chihuahuas and their attacks are more effective, but are also relatively easy to dodge. Armed with two swords instead of just one, they will try to slash you, and if you try to hit them while they are charging this, they will block it successfully and counterattack by stabbing you quickly. They also have a gun which they will first load with gunpowder before shooting though it's quite easy to dodge.
- Basset hound - These buff guys are the flashlight guards of Blood Bath Bay, and also LeFwee's strongest henchmen. They pack a mean punch; literally, because they walk around with a cannon under their arm! If they see you, they will shoot at you instantly, and the cannonballs are almost impossible to dodge. In close combat, they are very hard opponents and will swing the cannon to hit you or throw it to slam you into the ground. It takes a lot of power to take down these goons so the best option is to take them out with stealth.
- He is the only criminal not arrested by Carmelita Fox.
- He is very strong and agile, despite his small stature and scrawny looks.
- He and Arpeggio are the only Sly Cooper villains who are relatively the same species of animal, both being parrots.
- It is interesting to note that his correct species identification is an Eclectus parrot, yet it is only the females of the species that are blood red with black beaks.
- He is the first "minor" (not present in a final episode) villain in the series to die. The second is Toothpick. LeFwee is also the only minor villain who is actually killed upon defeat, as Toothpick died in an accident later on.
- Lefwee is the only villain, and only major character in the series, to not appear in an intro or getaway cartoon cutscene.
- LeFwee's voice actor, David Scully, also voices Sir Raleigh, Dimitri , Rajan, and Octavio.
- LeFwee is the only villan not to have fought any of the original gang members.
|Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of power-ups · List of jobs · List of loot|