|If you're even half the thief your father was, you'll find it in no time. Good luck, kiddo— Your pop would'a been proud to see how you've turned out.|
— McSweeney, after recognizing the visitor to his jail cell as Sly Cooper
Jim McSweeney is a retired criminal who worked with Conner Cooper and Dr. M. His role was very similar to that of Murray's; he was the muscle of the Original Cooper Gang. He is currently living in Heathrow Penitentiary as an inmate.
Like Bentley and Murray, McSweeney shared a brotherly relationship with the Cooper family member he worked with. As a result, McSweeney is a sort of uncle figure to Sly Cooper. Following the schism of his gang and the betrayal of Dr. M, McSweeney had nowhere else to go and thus turned himself in to the authorities, who placed him in Heathrow Penitentiary. However, before doing so, he hid a map to the Cooper Vault in a museum on the Ligurian coast of Italy.
Upon learning of Sly's continued existence after the attacks by Clockwerk and the Fiendish Five, McSweeney summoned Sly to his cell with courier pigeons. After Sly passed his identification test, McSweeney revealed that escape from prison was not his intention. Instead, he wished to tell Sly about the map. After McSweeney told Sly about the map, Sly left the prison to go retrieve it.
- The Adventures of Sly Cooper Issue 2
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- He is the only surviving member of Conner's gang following the death of Dr. M.
- McSweeney bears resemblance to Whoopie the Walrus from Sucker Punch Productions's first title, Rocket: Robot on Wheels.
- In the subtitles for Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, McSweeney is spelled "McSweeny."
- He has legs unlike his real animal counterpart.
|Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of power-ups · List of jobs · List of loot|