|Bentley: Now the roster is kept secret from the pilots but not from the event staff.|
Sly: Do we have a mole on the inside?
Bentley: Our "friend" Dimitri has been hired to give color commentary during the dogfights... He'll know where the rosters hidden.
— Bentley and Sly on how they plan to acquire the ACES Team Roster
After settling into the hotel, Sly dressed up in a pilot disguise and headed down to the lobby, where Bentley gave him the brief on their operation. The place was packed with pilots who would be competing in the ACES competition.
If the Cooper Gang hoped to be successful in the competition, they would first need to learn who their opponents are. Bentley explained that in the past, teams would go out and sabotage each other's planes, in preparation for an upcoming dogfight. To prevent another incident, the flight roster's location was now kept a secret. The flight roster was, however, not hidden from the event staff. Fortunately for the gang, Dimitri had been hired to give color commentary during the dogfights, and was sure to have knowledge of the roster's whereabouts. Sly scouted him out in the hotel lobby. Bentley warned Sly that starting a fight with the other pilots would disqualify the team from the competition.
Once he found Dimitri, Sly had him reveal the location of the roster. However, Dimitri refused to talk for fear of being exposed to the Black Baron and losing his job. Sly offered him a bit of encouragement, saying that a guy like him could deal with the Black Baron, as he had the best fashion sense of anyone he knows. After hearing this, Dimitri showed renewed pride in his ability to outsmart the Baron. He then agreed to disclose the location of the roster on the condition that Sly agreed to owe him a favor, which would be returned a few months from now. Sly accepted the bargain, then Dimitri told him to search the Baron's air hangar and look behind one of the paintings; it was kept in a secret safe.
Before Sly left the hotel, the Black Baron walked into the lobby to welcome all of the pilots to another year of the ACES competition. He then reminded everyone about the hi-jinks some teams have pulled off in the past, and that he would no longer tolerate it. He explained the rules of the hotel, specifically of the consequences for leaving the hotel after sunset. He then bade farewell and left the lobby. Sly left as well, with Bentley warning him to be careful once outside.
Sly took off his disguise and made his way up to the Baron's castle on the far hill. Once there, he needed to find a way in for Bentley. Since the drawbridge was up, Sly needed to perform some skillful climbing to reach the top and find a switch. Along the way, Sly overheard the Black Baron pondering about how much tougher the competition had gotten, with a slight hint of worry that he may not win this time. Once Sly reached the roof, Bentley showed up and asked him to lower the drawbridge. While there was no switch, Sly noticed a catapult and sent it down to Bentley. Bentley used it to launch up to the roof.
Sly headed back to the safe house, leaving Bentley to finish the job. Once inside the Baron's hangar, Bentley inspected both paintings. During the inspection, the Black Baron made an announcement on the intercom to warn his guards not to hand him his first loss this year. Bentley found the roster in the second painting he unlocked and stole the roster before returning to the safe house.
- While in conversation with Dimitri, getting a "wrong" answer does not fail the mission; instead, it gives addition dialogue:
- If you pick "threatening violence," he would remind you that you'll be kicked out.
- If you pick "threaten to expose him," he wouldn't care.
- If you pick "promise to protect him," he would say that the Black Baron has too many men he commands.
- If you pick "swear to keep it all a secret," he wouldn't trust you.
- If you pick "refuse," he would still want you to take debt and flight roster or nothing.
- If you pick "offer him a bribe," he would say that it won't help and he needs your help.
- While the Black Baron mentions the hi-jinks that occurred in the past, several pilots call out what happened in previous years:
- Team Canada stole Team Ecuador's parachutes.
- Team Iceland sawed the landing gear off Team Korea's planes.
- Team Portugal put rat poison in Team Muggshot's coffee machine.
- Both paintings in the Black Baron's hangar are of the Indian jungle in The Predator Awakes of Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
- Because Dimitri is in the hotel in this mission, his theme music is embedded into the hotel theme. The same goes for Muggshot's theme as well, which is heard during "Beauty and the Beast." The regular hotel theme is played when neither Dimitri or Muggshot are in the hotel.
|Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves jobs|