Ah, the humble recon photo, the unsung hero of many a caper.
This article or its infobox requires more images or images of better quality.
It allows him to control a miniature-sized, circular robot, which is able to grapple from one place to another with ease. Included within its circuitry is a speaker with recording capabilities, which can be used to lure guards near the Grapple-Cam's location. The Grapple-Cam also possesses a level of attack functions (in Dead Men Tell No Tales, the Grapple-Cam acquires an upgrade of sorts, in which it is capable of shooting bullets).
|Fire the grappling hook|
|Fire turret (only after Dynamic Duo in Episode 5)|
The grapple-cam is able to distract guards through a speaker Bentley uses as one of its primary functions, allowing him to divert their attention by reciting insults or puns. This causes guards to dash near the Grapple-Cam's location, provided that the guards are within hearing range. Insults include:
- "Yo Mama!"
- "Eat dirt!"
- "Hey, you, unattractive person!"
- "Up your nose, with a rubber hose!"
- "You will never find me!"
- "Bawk, bawk, bawk, ba-kawk!"
- "Aloha, idiot!"
- "Hey, Fatty!"
- "You're a bad person! I mean it!"
- "Follow the sound of my voice!"
- "Yo, ugly!"
- "Come over to this position!"
- "Over here!"
- "I'm yelling at you!"
- "Hey pay attention to me!"
- "I'm right here!"
- "You, with the low self esteem!"
The grapple-cam can self-destruct, and after the job "Dynamic Duo" it has a turret attached that can be used to manually shoot guards.
- The taunt "Up your nose, with a rubber hose!" is a reference to the 1970s TV show "Welcome Back, Kotter."
|Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves power-ups|