When the gang realizes that Bentley's demolition skills will not be efficient in completing the Cooper Vault heist, Bentley recommends recruiting former Fiendish Five member, Panda King, much to Sly's surprise. Sly was reluctant to let him join the team, but Bentley tried to reason with him, explaining that the Panda King has renounced his criminal ways and has taken up meditation high up in the mountains. Sly still was not convinced, but had no doubt the Panda King's skills would benefit the gang. The gang dressed up in their disguises and flew east to China.
The Deal Edit
As the gang talked to the Panda King, he explained that his daughter, Jing King, was kidnapped by the cold-blooded General Tsao, a vicious tyrant rooted in China whose treachery knows no bounds. In order to get the Panda King to join them, the Cooper Gang was forced to aid the Panda King in saving his daughter from the evil Tsao. Sly still did not think this was a good idea, but a deal is a deal.
|Job name||Completed by|
|King of Fire||Whole gang|
|Get to the Panda King and explain the situation.|
|Get a Job||Bentley, Sly|
|Get Sly a job as a wedding photographer.|
|Tearful Reunion||Murray, Penelope, Panda King|
|Investigate the mysterious signal in the water.|
|Grapple-Cam Break-In||Sly, Bentley|
|After stealing two keys, break into Tsao's house of business to learn more about the wedding.|
|Laptop Retrieval||Bentley, Sly, the Guru|
|Reclaim Bentley's laptop from Tsao.|
|Vampiric Demise||Bentley, Sly, Panda King|
|Destroy the hopping vampires using fireworks.|
|Down the Line||Murray, Penelope|
|Rescue Murray from execution using Penelope's RC car.|
|A Battery of Peril||Bentley, Sly, Carmelita|
|Get Carmelita to charge a battery, then stabilize it and bring it back to the van.|
|Operation: Wedding Crasher||Whole gang|
|Rescue Jing King, steal Tsao's treasure and get Carmelita to take the bride's place.|
General Tsao had his wedding on time and everything began as he arranged, but the bride turned out to be a shock. Carmelita had taken Jing King's place and, thinking that Tsao is Sly in disguise, she tazed and collared him. She was shocked that it was not Sly, but didn't mind taking Tsao in for the troubles he had caused. The locals were happy to see him go.
The gang dropped off Jing King with her aunt. The Panda King insisted she would be safe there, and that he needed to pay off his debt to the gang. Sly was still wary of the Panda King, but had no doubts his skills would come in handy.
The gang then decided to do some shopping in the backstreets of Shanghai before starting on their next adventure.
Master Thief ChallengesEdit
|Big Air in China||Use Murray's Aboriginal Ball Form to reach each waypoint with taking damage and before time expires.|
|Sharpshooter||Keep Murray from taking significant damage from attacking guards.|
|Treetop Tangle||Defeat Tsao without sustaining significant damage.|
|Tsao Showdown||Defeat Tsao without sustaining significant damage.|
|China Treasure Hunt||Using your Treasure Map, follow the clues to find the hidden loot.|
- This is the only episode with two "Setup" cutscenes, though the second is called "The Deal."
- General Tsao's character is a chicken. This is a reference to the popular Chinese dish, General Tso's Chicken, which is occasionally spelled "Tsao," along with many others.
- This episode has the most slideshows due to the "Laptop Retrieval" mission.
- The shopping the gang did at the end of Fire in the Sky of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus is paid homage in the final cinematic for this episode, with the addition of Penelope, the Guru and Panda King. However, rather than taking place in Hong Kong, it takes place in Shanghai.
- The Panda King appears on this episode's title card, just like he did in Fire in the Sky of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
- You can destroy the red arches around the area with Carmelita's pistol. If you do, the lights will remain floating in place.
|Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of power-ups · List of jobs · List of loot|