Murray rejoined the team, following the events of An Opera of Fear. Sly and the gang headed to the Australian Outback to find The Guru, who had trained Murray to seek his help. However, the area in which the Guru resided was in a state of despair, following an extensive opal-mining project, and the Guru was nowhere to be seen.
Where's the Guru? See if you can find him somewhere in the outback.
Retrieve the Guru's gear before the booby traps are set off.
- Lemon Rage (w/Bentley and Murray) (Sly vs. Dingo wearing the Mask of Dark Earth)
Drive the miners out of the lemonade bar.
- The Claw (w/Murray)
Power up the mine fields, but watch out for the miners.
Murray needs to see the Guru and request that he be released from his training.
An all-you-can-eat miner buffet for a crocodile.
- Big Truck (w/Sly)
Using a truck, scoop up red scorpions to scare off miners.
Time for the Guru to escape and help the gang!
- Operation: Moon Crash (Sly w/Bentley, Murray, and the Guru) (Sly vs. Giant Carmelita / The Mask)
Let's destroy the Mask of Dark Earth!
After the mask was destroyed, Carmelita was badly injured and was left on the desert floor. Sly, Bentley, Murray, and the Guru took pictures on Carmelita's camera and left. The next day, Inspector Fox woke up and discovered the camera. The Guru decides to join the team and goes with Sly, Murray, and Bentley.
Master Thief ChallengesEdit
- "Rock Run"
Complete the rock climbing course under time pressure.
Make it to the safe without being damaged and before time runs out.
Defeat 12 guards and make it out of the cave in time.
Make it to the top of the drill before time expires.
Possess 5 different guards without touching the ground.
Keep Murray safe from the guards to score high on this challenge.
Murray, Sly, and Bentley team up to win a giant brawl under time pressure.
Collect 100 coins while fending off killing guards.
Get the mask off Carmelita before time runs out.
Using your treasure map, follow the clues to find the hidden loot.
- In the demo version of the game, the sun in this level is in a different direction.
- It is shown that the Mask of Dark Earth is made of wood, as you can hear the sound of wood whenever it escapes and when it's destroyed at the end.
- It seems that when a dingo has the mask on, his attacks are different while the other guards use the same attacks when they have the mask on.
- Bentley makes a reference to the Sly 2: Band of Thieves episode, A Tangled Web, by showing a picture of himself in the "Mojo Trap Action" mission in his first slideshow.
- It's the only episode of the series where the main antagonist is not a living being, but rather a mask infused with magic.
- It's the only episode in the series where the guards do not have a boss they are directly following orders from.
- There is no music for the "Hungry Croc" mission in the PlayStation 2 version of the game.
- This was fixed in The Sly Collection.
|Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of power-ups · List of jobs · List of loot|