Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hacking is one of Bentley's specialties and uses it for many heists. Hacking is most often represented as a twin-stick shooter set in a digital world.
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
There is one hacking level in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus called "Bentley Comes Through" where Bentley has to turn off the nauseous gas chamber keeping both Sly Cooper and Carmelita hostage. It used a similar hacking style to the other hacking seen in the series; a twin-stick shooter.
Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Hacking became a staple of the series with its introduction in Sly 2: Band of Thieves, which set up the normal structure for hacking. Hacking also made an appearance in the sequel to Sly 2, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, with minor changes.
There are 6 hack related missions in Sly 2, and 3 hack related missions in Sly 3.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Hacking returned in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, and while System Cracker was similar to the hacking seen in the previous games, two new hacking minigames, Alter Ego and Spark Runner were different styles entirely.
- System Cracker is similar to the hacking levels in Sly 2 and Sly 3, the player controls a similar avatar. Levels have changed in the manner that there are multiple avatars that all have different abilities and objectives.
- Shell Code - always starts the level. In order to get past some firewalls, you need a data-key which only this code can take.
- Panzer Code - is slower than others, but it has a strong turret, which is needed to destroy stronger crystal-like firewalls or specific locks.
- Speeder Code - is weaker then others, but is the fastest one and is needed in order to shoot around corners against tough security or to activate specific locks, by creating an ring around it.
- Alter Ego changes the formula. The player controls a muscular Bentley with two guns. Player must destroy enemies and obstacles while levels progress. At the end there is always a large enemy as a boss battle. Bentley's avatar can power up by collecting ion bits.
- Spark Runner has the player control a spark, and in order to move it, they must tilt the controller to use the Sixaxis. If the spark falls down from the platform, the level is restarted. There is a timer, but the player can add two seconds of time for every clock pick-up they grab.
- In Thieves in Time, the Alter Ego soundtrack has a remixed version of the "Bentley Comes Through" music in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
- The avatars in System Cracker are possibly based off of the members in the Cooper Gang. Shell Code is Bentley, Panzer Code is Murray, and Speeder Code is Sly.