The Clockwerk parts were pieces of Clockwerk that were disassembled between the events of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus and Sly 2: Band of Thieves that the Cooper Gang desired to steal during their heist in Cairo, Egypt.
Thousands of years before the birth of Sly Cooper, Clockwerk replaced his mortal body with robotic parts so that he could keep up with the Cooper Clan throughout history. After he was defeated by Sly, Clockwerk's destroyed body remained in the Krakarov Volcano until it was recovered, disassembled, and brought to the Cairo Museum of Natural History.
Eventually, the Klaww Gang broke into the museum and made off with the Clockwerk parts. Arpeggio split the parts among the group's members, though he secretly planned to obtain them all in the end and reassemble Clockwerk's body. With the help of Neyla, Arpeggio tipped off the Cooper Gang (who had also wanted to steal the parts to destroy them) about the Klaww Gang and waited until they stole the parts from his cohorts. At the end of episode 7, Jean Bison found the Cooper Gang's hideout and sold the Clockwerk parts to Arpeggio, who finally reconstructed Clockwerk on-board his blimp.
When Neyla betrayed Arpeggio and merged herself with Clockwerk's frame, the Cooper Gang teamed up with Carmelita and defeated her. Even after the long battle, the Clockwerk parts remained intact. It was not until Carmelita destroyed the Hate Chip that the Clockwerk parts finally deteriorated.
List of Clockwerk parts
- Clockwerk Tail Feathers: Used by Dimitri, the Clockwerk Tail Feathers were put to use as printing plates for his Paris counterfeiting operation. Because of their metallurgical properties, the Tail Feathers would have never worn out. These helped, in some manner, with Clockwerk's flight.
- Clockwerk Wings: Taken by Rajan, the Clockwerk Wings weren't put to any practical use. Instead, Rajan had them mounted on a statue in his palace, where he hoped they would bring him prestige. While alive, they were a symbol of Clockwerk and feared when sighted by any Cooper.
- Clockwerk Heart: Another of Rajan's parts, the Heart acted as a powerful pump that allowed Rajan to grow illegal spices at much faster rates than normal. Half the Heart was used in this manner, while the other was attached to the end of Rajan's staff, allowing him to unleash electrical attacks. This pump helped Clockwerk survive throughout the ages.
- Clockwerk Eyes: Components with powerful entrancing qualities, the Clockwerk Eyes were given to The Contessa, who intended to use them to enhance her own hypnosis machinery. They were known to paralyze a Cooper with their hypnotic gaze.
- Clockwerk Lungs and Stomach: Given to Jean Bison to transport illegal spice across Canada, the Lungs and Stomach allowed him to keep his Iron Horse trains running all day and night without stopping. Their powerful pumps helped Clockwerk survive throughout the ages.
- Clockwerk Talons: Razor-sharp blades capable of slicing through plates of steel, the Clockwerk Talons were used by Jean Bison in his lumber jacking enterprise. Clockwerk intended for them to swoop down and shred the Coopers with their deadly edge. It is possible that the talons were original, meaning that Clockwerk did not replace them while making himself fully robotic.
- Clockwerk Brain: The final Clockwerk part given to Arpeggio. He did not use his part for any criminal purposes like the other members did. The brain was actually never seen except for in blueprints of Clockwerk's mechanical body. It is unknown what happened to it, though Arpeggio might have just left out the part while reconstructing Clockwerk, or the brain was in the frame, but not active.
- Hate Chip: Power source of the Clockwerk Frame, the Hate Chip is what gave the Clockwerk parts their immortality. Once it was destroyed, the Clockwerk parts rusted and decayed until there was nothing left. This was the prime component in the Clockwerk frame that allowed Clockwerk to survive with only his hatred as a fuel. It is also interesting to note that the technology to develop something like the Hate Chip didn't exist until things like computers were around, so how Clockwerk made or obtained the Hate Chip in the first place is a mystery.
- Multiple unnamed parts: Unidentified pieces given to Jean Bison but were later sold to Arpeggio along with the rest of the parts. These helped in fully assembling Clockwerk as a complete being and protected him and the other Clockwerk parts from being harmed. Among these are the beak, legs and the rest of the face and body pieces.