|Bob: I am called... ,*gibberish*...|
Sly: Right. How about I just call you... Bob?
— During their first meeting[src]
"Bob" Cooper was the first known Cooper in history, living in Gungathal Valley in the year 10,000 BC. He used a large wooden stick with a bone hook on the end that has a rough similarity to Sly Cooper's modern Cooper cane, and used his thieving abilities to provide food as the leader of his tribe.
He was voiced by Patrick Seitz.
Before the timeline was altered, Bob Cooper was the greatest thief of the Ice Age. He stole pterodactyl eggs to feed his tribe, and created a tool that became the first Cane to help him steal the eggs with speed and ease. When Le Paradox and Grizz arrived, they stole all of the pterodactyl eggs in the valley, assisted by modern technology, such as conveyor belts. Bob went into a depression, gaining weight and becoming out-of-shape, which allowed Grizz to easily imprison him and steal his cane for Le Paradox.
After Sly and the gang were accidentally transported from the Old West to the Ice Age, they rescued Bob from death in Grizz's arena. They later got him into climbing and fighting shape to assist in fixing the Cooper Van and stopping Grizz.
Bob Cooper kept up his physical training and returned to his role as the greatest egg thief. He would pioneer the use of his cane as a tool for thieving, beginning the Cooper legacy.
There's something missing…
This section has not been written yet or is incomplete. You can help by writing it.
Bob is very friendly, and was very enthusiastic about meeting Sly and his friends. He took a huge liking to Bentley's gadgets, and was amazed at what he saw through the Binocucom. He has a connection with Murray, who helped him regain his strength. He seems to be quite intelligent, having made the first Cooper Cane to assist in egg stealing. Similar to Murray, Bob is seen to have a ravenous appetite. Or in some ways, he can be seen as a glutton. When in depression after losing his place as egg thief, he got out of shape due to the fact that he ate too much. Also, as seen in another cutscene, Murray was about to enjoy a pie, but instead, Bob snatches it and eats it all for himself. He's also known for constantly belching at times. As expected from a prehistoric being, Bob isn't the brightest when it comes to modern technology/objects (Bentley's tools, for example). He is also shown to be honorable as well. While he does steal eggs to provide for his tribe's survival, Bob is against outright placing the animals he steals from in captivity. When Bob finds out that the babies of a mother Pterodactyl have been captured, Bob expresses concern for the babies and immediately declares that he needs to find a way to help them.
Bob was smart enough to create the effective tool that is the first Cooper Cane, out of wood and bone. Bob used the cane as both an effective melee weapon and an effective pickpocketing tool. Bob does not need his cane to have both a good melee weapon and a pickpocketing tool, as he was able to make do with a large bone to achieve similar results.
Bob also had great physical capabilities. Bob was immensely strong, and can use that strength with great effect with his cane, makeshift bone club, icy walls and presumably anything he can use as a melee weapon. He can cause cracks to form in the ground by slamming his weapon down, and he can even kill guards by essentially impaling a bone into a guard from above. He can similarly cause a small shockwave that can break certain objects on icy walls if he pounds the area of the icy wall where the breakable object is. He has surprising agility for someone of his size, as he is able to curl himself into a ball as an offensive attack for a short period of time. He can also let out a roar so powerful and booming that it essentially acts like Murray's Guttural Roar, causing enemies within earshot to run away in fear.
Unlike modern Coopers, the structure of Bob's hands and feet allow him to scale icy walls unaided and with little effort. Due to his being an earlier evolutionary level of raccoon, Bob is shown to have a prehensile tail. His tail is strong enough to hold onto his weapon when it is not in use, such as when he is scaling walls.
- Bob could not have literally been the first Cooper, but was likely the last living member of his family before having children.
- The 9000 odd years between Bob and Slytunkhamen are enigmatic, but Bob's pioneering of the Cooper cane design seemed to have been upheld by each ancestor.
- Bob speaks a strange language, similar to The Guru's. The gang can understand it, but unlike the Guru's language, there are subtitles that allow the player to understand Bob as well.
- Sly nicknames him "Bob" because his tribal name was too difficult for the time travelers to pronounce.
- According to Kevin Miller, Bob's name was changed numerous times during production and voice recording.
- The only time he is referred to as "Caveman Cooper" is by Bentley during the credits, as well as in the credits themselves.
- Bob was neither mentioned in the Thievius Raccoonus nor had a section in the Cooper Vault because the Thievius Raccoonus was initially written by Slytunkhamen Cooper and the Cooper Vault was created by his son, Slytunkhamen Cooper II, both of whom were born approximately 9,000 years later.
- Bob's signature color is chestnut, although his subtitles are beige.
- Bob is the only Cooper who does not use his cane during his gameplay (with the exception of "Deja Vu All Over Again!"), as it was stolen by Grizz before he was rescued. Thus, he used a giant bone club instead.
- He is a new ancestor developed by Sanzaru Games and is their favorite character and addition in Thieves in Time.
- He is the only Cooper in Thieves in Time that does not have the ability to spire jump or rail walk due to his large size.
- Bob can't climb ice walls until the job "Getting Stronger" is completed.
- Prehistoric raccoons were real animals long ago. These animals were blood thirsty predators, but when tragedy struck only the smart, scrawny, and cowardly members survived.
|Objects, locations and terms|
|Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of Power-ups · List of Jobs · List of Loot|