"Caveman: "I am called ...gibberish... ."
Caveman "Bob" Cooper
"Bob", as he appears during Sly Cooper: thieves in Time
Caveman "Bob" Cooper is the first known Cooper in history, living in Gungathal Valley in the year 10,000 B.C. He used a large wooden stick with a bone hook on the end that has a rough similarity to Sly's modern Cooper Cane, and used his thieving abilities to provide food as the leader of his tribe.
Before the timeline was altered, Bob Cooper was the greatest thief of the Ice Age. He stole pterodactyl eggs to feed his tribe, and created a tool that became the first Cooper Cane to help him steal the eggs quicker and easier. When Le Paradox and Grizz arrived, they stole all of the pterodactyl eggs in the valley, assisted by modern technology, such as conveyor belts. Bob went into a depression, gaining weight and becoming out-of-shape, which allowed Grizz to easily imprison him and steal his cane for Le Paradox.
After Sly and the gang were accidentally transported from the Old West to the Ice Age, they rescued Bob from death in Grizz's arena. They later got him into climbing and fighting shape to assist in fixing the Cooper Van and stopping Grizz.
Bob Cooper kept up his physical training and returned to his role as the greatest egg thief. He even pioneered his cane as a tool for thieving.
Bob is very friendly, and was very enthusiastic about meeting Sly and his friends. He took a huge liking to Bentley's gadgets, and was amazed at what he saw through the Binocucom. He has a connection with Murray, who helped him regain his strength. He seems to be quite intelligent, having made the first Cooper Cane to assist in egg stealing. Similar to Murray, Bob is seen to have a ravenous appetitte. Or in some ways, he can be seen as a glutton. When in depression after losing his place as egg thief, he got out of shape due to the fact that he ate too much. Also, as seen in another cutscene, Murray was about to enjoy a pie, but instead, Bob snatches it and eats it all for himself. He's also known for constantly belching at times. As expected from prehistoric being, Bob isn't the brightest when it comes to modern technology/objects (Bentley's tools, for example).
- Bob's design resembles that of a gorilla, including large well-muscled arms and short legs. He also has pronounced fangs that stick out of his mouth and very sharp claws. This was likely done to emphasise his prehistoric nature.
- Bob speaks a strange language, similar to the Guru's. The gang can understand, and, unlike with the Guru, there are subtitles that allow the player to understand Bob as well.
- Sly nickname's him "Bob" because his tribal name was too difficult for the time travelers to pronounce.
- According to Kevin Miller, Bob's name was changed numerous times during production and voice recording. The only time he is referred to as "Caveman Cooper" in-game is by Bentley during the credits, as well as in the credits themselves.
- Caveman Cooper was never mentioned in the Thievius Raccoonus or had a section in the Cooper Vault. This is because the Thievius Raccoonus, not to mention reading, a writing system, or any type of paper hadn't been invented yet; moreover, the Cooper Vault was created by Slytunkhamen Cooper II, who was born almost 9,000 years later.
- Bob's signature color is chestnut, although his subtitles are beige.
- However, his attack auras are yellow.
- Bob is voiced by Patrick Seitz.
- Bob is the only Cooper who does not use his cane during his gameplay (with the exception of Deja Vu All Over Again!), as it was stolen by Grizz before he was rescued. Thus, he used a giant bone club instead.
- It is unknown how Bob can pickpocket due to the bone club having no hooked end.