| ||This page is about the weapon used by members of the Cooper Clan. For the specific cane used by Sly Cooper, see Sly Cooper's cane.|
|It's been in my family for generations!|
— Sly Cooper[src]
The cane, in its many forms, is a primary weapon and tool of the Cooper Clan. Every member of the clan has had their own, though not necessarily original, cane since the invention by Bob Cooper in the ice age to steal pterodactyl eggs.
By the time of ancient Egypt (circa 1300 BC), the distinctive "C" shaped crook was added, allowing all of the canes since that time to open the Cooper Vault. They are used to pull off the most difficult of heists and perform master thief techniques recorded in the Thievius Raccoonus. In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, five Cooper canes were stolen by Cyrille Le Paradox, with the philosophy that if he stole the Cooper Clan's most prized possessions, he would become the greatest of all thieves. The canes were soon recovered by Sly Cooper, Bentley and Murray, with help from the respective ancestor.
Cooper Clan's canesEdit
Each member of the Cooper Clan has had their own cane, with the exception of Sly, who inherited his father's cane after his death.
- Bob Cooper - Large wooden stick with a bone hook on the end. Was at one point stolen by Le Paradox.
- Slytunkhamen Cooper II - Two small canes that resemble the Egyptian khopesh.
- Sir Galleth Cooper - A metal lance with a crook on the end and an extended apex. Was at one point stolen by Le Paradox.
- Salim al-Kupar - A large scimitar with the crook as the blade, though he later uses a stylized cane. Was at one point stolen by Le Paradox.
- Slaigh MacCooper - A large staff made from a caber (a Scottish throwing log) with a hook-shaped stone on the end.
- Rioichi Cooper - Two hook-shaped sai. In Thieves in Time, he has a Japanese shepherd's staff as his cane, as well as a katana. Was at one point stolen by Le Paradox.
- Henriette Cooper - A small dagger with a hooked handle. She later has a prosthetic hooked hand.
- "Tennessee Kid" Cooper - Originally two six-shooter revolvers. In Thieves in Time, he has upgraded to a new revolver carbine with a hook shaped stock which he calls "Ol' Blue". Was at one point stolen Le Paradox.
- Thaddeus Winslow Cooper III - A walking stick that is nearly identical to Sly's cane, but with a ruby embedded in the crook. He held the cane upside down.
- Otto van Cooper - His cane was actually a hooked propeller on his biplane.
- Conner Cooper - A standard Cooper cane handed down to Sly after his untimely death. This was modified by Bentley in Sly 2: Band of Thieves to split into ice hooks for climbing. However, this modification was only used in Canada, and was afterwards never used again.
Changes throughout the series Edit
The following changes are made based on differences discovered throughout Sly Cooper Series.
Tennessee Kid Cooper Edit
- Revolver size reduced to become more like a handgun.
- The cane was reversed, facing backwards while retain the grip of the revolver.
- Revolver's barrell is more longer than before.
Sir Galleth Cooper Edit
- The cane's length reduced to 1/3 of sword size while the rest of sword's body are replaced with sword weapon.
- The sword's grip reversed to original direction. (Noticed from gallery)
Salim al-Kupar Edit
- Scimitar Cane replaced with staff Cane.
- Cane's color is golden instead of standard iron.
Rioichi Cooper Edit
- Twin Katana replaced with Japanese sheperd cane and a katana cane.
- Katana sword size occupies half of its original katana size instead of 1/4.
|Objects, locations and terms|