I thought I'd finished it.
This page needs to be expanded in order to include more relevant information.
This is a list of content that was either removed or altered in the final version of the games.
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- In the Sly Cooper Jampack Winter demo, it is said that the Panda King was the first member of the Fiendish Five instead of Sir Raleigh. Sly Cooper would also learn the climb move from the Panda King's section of the Thievius Raccoonus.
- In the E3 demo of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly has a different voice, model and textures.
- Clue bottles had a wrench on the bottles instead of a yellow question mark.
- There is also a cut enemy in the E3 demo.
- Level names were different in the demo.
- The walrus guards in Tide of Terror were originally purple instead of brown. The flashlight guards were still squids, but had different looks and walked differently. There is also no dialogue when Sly first approaches "Prowling the Grounds" and no need to double jump up the first ledge.
- Raleigh's level was originally going to be completely underwater and feature a submarine that could turn its "wings" to fit through crevasses.
- Sly's cane had multiple functions, including revealing a hidden laser maze with the spray of some water and freezing enemies to create walkways.
- Clue bottles were originally dancing cash bundles, however, they were removed because they would have to be different colors for each area, due to paper money being different colors around the world. The cash would fly into Sly's pouch, which was a satchel around his left arm.
- Originally, Sly's eyes would always be able to be seen, regardless if it was dark or not.
- Sly's original name was going to be JT, but his name was changed early in development.
- The "Unseen Foe" mission originally was going to feature a barrel like in "A Cunning Disguise" and "A Daring Rescue."
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- There was going to be a ninth episode that took place in Monaco. A mission was also detailed as having Bentley hijack a yacht and crash it into the docks. It is assumed that this was going to be a second Dimitri Lousteau episode, as he has only one, and he is in Monaco in The Adventures of Sly Cooper, Issue 1.
- As mentioned by Bentley in the demo disc for Sly 2, some flashlight guards in specific missions (such as "Theater Pickpocketing") would have red flashlights instead of yellow. These guards would all be in radio contact with one another, so being seen by one would alert all of them.
- Keys in some missions would be replaced by key cards.
- Both the flashlight guards and the rats from episode 1 had different texturing; The warthog guard's face was brown, his eyes were yellow, and he had a blue and purple suit. This early version can be seen in the E3 demo of Sly 2. The rats, on the other hand, had a pink bandana instead of a red one; This design is only seen in pictures.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- The Green Gem and Classic Gaming Gear were a piece of loot and treasure respectively, originally supposed to appear in Japan. The former was replaced by the Kabuki Mask in the released game.
- Ancient Egypt was initially going to be included as a sixth episode, but was cut because of the size limits of PS Vita games. It was, however incorporated into a secret ending for the game, showing Sly in the sand next to a sphinx and two pyramids.
- Horseshoe Mode was going to be a sort of "New Game+" mode. After completing the game once, it could be played again without a health bar, instead going to back to Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus style of gameplay, using horseshoes as health. It was removed because of time constraints.