Alter Ego is a minigame featured in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Bentley's Hackpack. It is similar to Hackathon from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. Also, two-player co-op is available in this minigame.
In all of the Alter Ego levels, there are little goo minions, and there is a boss called "the Gate Guardian" in the firewall Bentley hacks. There are also purple walls which you must shoot multiple times to clear them from your path.
When played on the arcade machine in the safe house, the Alter Ego levels are extended, featuring more than one segment. It has green wormholes that will carry the player to the next section of the game.
- Purple Nano-bot - The core sends a goo-like minion to kamikaze Bentley.
- Translucent Nano-bot - The core sends a goo-like minion to kamikaze Bentley. These types are transparent; they shoot small lasers and are easy to overlook.
- Purple Goo Nano-canon - A goo-like minion that sticks to a wall and shoots at Bentley. It requires multiple hits to kill.
- Picking yellow power-ups will progress your upgrades by 1/5; picking five of these will increase your power level by 1.
- Picking red power-ups will regenerate your HP.
- Picking core power-ups will increase your power level by 1.
- Taking damage will decrease your power level.