|Crime? I haven't stolen anything... yet.|
— Sly after Carmelita accuses him of stealing the Clockwerk parts
A Shadow from the Past is the tutorial episode of Sly 2: Band of Thieves. While attempting to steal the Clockwerk parts from the Cairo museum, the gang discovers that the infamous Klaww Gang had already stolen the parts and have framed the Cooper Gang. At the end of the level, Sly and the gang flee from Inspector Fox, who believes that they stole the parts. Constable Neyla is seen for the first time, distracting Carmelita so Sly can make his escape.
The Cooper Van makes a getaway from the authority vehicles. Carmelita tries to shoot the van with her shock pistol but fails. As Carmelita yells at Sly as the van gets away, Sly notes Carmelita is just as angry as ever and that she is quite lovely when she is angry. Sly starts having a few questions about Constable Neyla such as her mentioning of the Klaww Gang. He wonders if that was just a slip of the tongue or an intentional clue. Either way, it's the Cooper Gang's only lead on the missing Clockwerk parts.
Sly then explains everything about Clockwerk, his deep hatred for the Cooper Clan's thieving reputation and how he mechanized himself to keep him immortal until the Cooper Clan was fully eliminated once and for all. He caught up with Sly's parents and killed them both, leaving Sly at an orphanage. It was there that he met Bentley and Murray, his two best friends and all the family he needed.
Two years ago, Sly explains that he thought he had finished it, but he was naive to think he could easily wipe out that much hatred. Clockwerk is now back in pieces, but the threat is real. Sly wonders if the Klaww Gang realize what they have stolen. Sly admits he doesn't know what's in his future, but he will not let it be a repeat of his past.
- Pictures of Raleigh, Mz. Ruby, Muggshot and Panda King can be seen on the walls of the museum.
- This is the first level to feature moving cars.
- This is the only level where you don't fight guards.
- This mission appears on Sly 2: Band of Thieves Demo in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.
- One of the paintings shows a raccoon and a walrus, named "Jojo in Whoopee World". This is an obvious reference to Rocket: Robot on Wheels, the first game of Sly -series developers, Sucker Punch Productions.
- This is the only episode that takes place in Egypt, and Africa, in the Sly Cooper series.
- In the intro cutscene, when Sly is wondering whether Neyla's clue about the Klaww Gang was intentional or not, on one hand, he has six fingers.
|Sly 2: Band of Thieves|
|Terms and gameplay|
|List of Power-ups · List of Jobs · List of Loot|